[sysrepo-announce] New release

Michal Vaško mvasko at cesnet.cz
Thu May 27 15:07:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

there was a new release of sysrepo [1] (and other related projects [2]) of version 2. This version is using the new libyang version 2 instead of 1 and is now the primary development version. That is signified by the following branch changes

master -> <removed>
devel -> libyang1
libyang2 -> devel
libyang2 -> master

and a deprecation notice for the now libyang1 branch versions. It is recommended to use these new versions except for there being no packages and official language bindings available. We are working on the packages and bindings should be implemented as separate projects for at least C++ and Python. If you decide to implement bindings for some other language, let us know and we will gladly mention them in the official README.

As for sysrepo (and other projects) based on libyang version 1, we plan to support them until the end of the year. We will decide later what happens after that.

Regards,
Michal

[1] https://github.com/sysrepo/sysrepo/releases/tag/v2.0.1
[2] https://github.com/CESNET/netopeer2/releases/tag/v2.0.0