[sysrepo-devel] Issues with sysrepo's persist file

Vladimir Georgiev vladimir.georgiev at telco.com
Wed Oct 17 08:37:52 UTC 2018

Hi,
I am writing to you, because we have problem using sysrepo.
We are trying to use sysrepo as a database for machine configuration.
We wrote several subscribers on Python that are services, started via
systemd. During their start they subscribe itself to sysrepo.
When all services/subscribers are subscribed and when there are some
changes in sysrepo, all corresponding subscribers are called, as expected
to be.

The problem become visible on the next restart. The subscribers are unable
to subscribe itself. Every request for subscribing raise exception
"Sysrepo-internal error"
After some investigations we saw that the persist file (in
/etc/sysrepo/data) that is for corresponding root yang file, where is
stored data of subscribers, socket, priority and etc. is broken (It is
filled partially).
It become in broken state during restart. The only fix, that we found for
the situation, is removal of that file. But that is untill next changes in
sysrepo and calling of subscribers, so after restart.

I presume that the problem could be connected with simultaneous starting of
services that lead to simultaneous subscribing requests/calls.

Another thing is that the persist file is created with permissions 644 (all
others persist files are 666), on the same time in sysrepo corresponding
yang file is imported with permissions 666 (I do not know is there is a
connection between both, but I do that remark, just in case)

Sysrepo version: 0.7.4
libyang version: 0.15.166
Note: sysrepod is disabled as service. When it was enabled the persist file
become more often broken, even after/during calling of subscribers.

Do you have similar observation of similar problem?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Vladimir Georgiev