[sysrepo-devel] question on leaf delete

Lukas Macko -X (lmacko - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) lmacko at cisco.com
Thu Jan 12 06:51:02 UTC 2017

Hi Joan,

yes this is expected. The node with default value is always present in datastore if it is removed, it automatically gets its default value.

Regards,
Lukas

From: sysrepo-devel [mailto:sysrepo-devel-bounces at sysrepo.org] On Behalf Of Joan Landry
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:58 PM
To: sysrepo-devel at sysrepo.org
Subject: [sysrepo-devel] question on leaf delete

We have noticed that if you place a delete operation on a leaf node sysrepo sends a modify of the original content with the default value, if a leaf has a default clause to it.
If a leaf does not have a default clause, we get a delete op code.

Is this the expected behavior from a NETCONF perspective to set a leaf to a default state upon a delete operation.
I would have thought it would be an invalid operation to delete a leaf, and would think the rpc result would have been an error.

Any info on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joan