[sysrepo-devel] question on leaf delete

Joan Landry JoLandry at advaoptical.com
Wed Jan 11 17:57:34 UTC 2017

We have noticed that if you place a delete operation on a leaf node sysrepo sends a modify of the original content with the default value, if a leaf has a default clause to it.
If a leaf does not have a default clause, we get a delete op code.

Is this the expected behavior from a NETCONF perspective to set a leaf to a default state upon a delete operation.
I would have thought it would be an invalid operation to delete a leaf, and would think the rpc result would have been an error.

Any info on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joan