[sysrepo-devel] announcement regarding sysrepo current status

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Feb 24 16:36:07 UTC 2017

Hello!

As some might have noticed, during February there has been less activity in
parts of Sysrepo, especially the Sysrepo datastore itself. This is because some
people who used to be very active developers in the project, are currently not
actively participating in Sysrepo development.

The rest of us are looking into the situation and we're trying to find a way
forward for development and maintenance of Sysrepo suite to continue. One of
the first and most important tasks would be to make sure we have a stable
version of the entire suite with all refactoring done for changes in component
libraries done in the past 1-2 months.

This would be a great time for others to step up and voluneer developer time
for Sysrepo. We still believe Sysrepo has an important role to play as a FOSS
component for Netconf/YANG enabled devices/processes. However, so far we have
relied on a few companies to provide the majority of developer time for the
work that needs to be done.

I hope to have more information in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, please be
patient as issues will take longer to be resolved than before.

Thanks.