[sysrepo-devel] loading two different yang file versions into sysrepo

Jakub Nadolski JNadolski at advaoptical.com
Tue Aug 22 11:59:17 UTC 2017

Hi All,

I am using standard yang module mef-cfm.yang which depends on the ietf-inet-types at 2010-09-24.yang. But for other modules in my system, I need ietf-inet-types at 2013-07-15.yang. When trying to load both modules to sysrepo and I got an error:

sysrepoctl -i --yang=ietf-inet-types at 2010-09-24.yang
Installing a new module from file 'ietf-inet-types at 2010-09-24.yang'...
Installing the YANG file to '/_path_/sysrepo/build/repository/yang/ietf-inet-types at 2010-09-24.yang'...
Skipping installation of data files for module 'ietf-inet-types'...
Notifying sysrepo about the change...
Install operation completed successfully.

sysrepoctl -i --yang=ietf-inet-types at 2013-07-15.yang
Installing a new module from file 'ietf-inet-types at 2013-07-15.yang'...
Installing the YANG file to '/_path_/sysrepo/build/repository/yang/ietf-inet-types at 2013-07-15.yang'...
[ERR] (md_insert_lys_module:1905) Module 'ietf-inet-types' is already implemented in revision '2010-09-24'.
Error: Unable to insert the module into the dependency graph.
Reverting the install operation...
Deleted the schema file '/_path_/sysrepo/build/repository/yang/ietf-inet-types at 2013-07-15.yang'.
Install operation failed.

Currently, I know that Netconf client, MG Soft Browser, supports loading two versions of the same yang. Do you know if there's a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jakub