[sysrepo-devel] sysrepo versioning

Radek Krejčí rkrejci at cesnet.cz
Wed Apr 12 14:13:56 UTC 2017

Hi,
is there some policy for versioning? Mainly about when we are supposed to change version numbers, I'm not able to see some rules from the previous commits changing sysrepo version. My question is connected with issue #788. I believe that the libraries should contain soname with major and minor numbers since we change API/ABI with the minor versions (and I hope that it is not done even with micro versions, it seems ok, but I didn't check it). But the problem is that actually master and devel version numbers are currently (and probably always were) the same, so soname actually does not solve the common problem because we will have the same soname for library(ies) from both master and devel branches. Any thoughts about this?

Radek