[sysrepo-devel] an idea about Operational Data API

Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) raszabo at cisco.com
Tue Nov 22 12:04:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

Currently it isn’t “officially” possible. But in fact, you can do it – provide all nested data in the first callback, and ignore the rest ones (provide no data in those). This trick should work for you.

Anyway, we could get rid of the nested callbacks using some new subscription option - you can open an issue on Github for this, we will mark it as enhancement and process it sometime later.

Thanks,
Rastislav

From: sysrepo-devel [mailto:sysrepo-devel-bounces at sysrepo.org] On Behalf Of ???
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:05 AM
To: sysrepo-devel at sysrepo.org
Subject: [sysrepo-devel] an idea about Operational Data API

Hi, all:

  I found that 'sr_dp_get_items_cb' is called many times in a 'get' request for one subscriber if there are many state nodes in schema. However, this may cause problem when the state data is stored in another service, such as a remote host, we need send many messages to the remote host to get the state data. Can we just call 'sr_dp_get_items_cb' once with all needed xpaths, then the subscriber can return all state data once.