[sysrepo-devel] rpc reply ok when error is detected in sysrepo

Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) raszabo at cisco.com
Tue Nov 8 13:50:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

This may be an issue in Sysrepo, but we would need to see more logs that just this short snippet.
Please open an issue on Github, we will look into it.

Thanks,
Rastislav

From: sysrepo-devel [mailto:sysrepo-devel-bounces at sysrepo.org] On Behalf Of Joan Landry
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 1:22 PM
To: sysrepo-devel at sysrepo.org
Subject: [sysrepo-devel] rpc reply ok when error is detected in sysrepo

When I enter an invalid configuration using the when clause I get an rpc-ok reply,

However I have determined that the error was detected in sysrepo and the config does not get loaded into the data store - but the issue is that the user does not know about the error.

[DBG] (sr_cbuff_dequeue:477) Circular buffer dequeue, new buffer head=3, count=0.
[DBG] (rp_validate_req_process:1042) Processing validate request.
[DBG] (dm_ly_log_cb:815) libyang error: When condition "../interface-type = 'int-abc'" not satisfied. (path: /ietf-interfaces:interfaces/interface[name='def-3']/one-interfaces:interface-config/def)
[DBG] (dm_validate_session_data_trees:2125) Validation failed for ietf-interfaces module
[DBG] (sr_cbuff_enqueue:461) Circular buffer enqueue to position=3, current count=1.
[DBG] (cm_msg_enqueue_cb:1650) New message enqueued into CM message queue.

I was doing some negative testing and expected to get a rpc-error response as the when clause is not correct, as accurately detected by sysrepo -
But instead I got an rpc-ok

I suspect the error was not sent back to netopeer.

Should I open a ticket on this or is there something I am doing wrong.
thanks