[sysrepo-devel] NETCONF event notifications notes

Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) raszabo at cisco.com
Wed Nov 2 08:28:46 UTC 2016

Hi Radek,

> ad netconf-config-change - isn't it just connected with the sr_commit() and sr_copy_config()?

Yes, the only issue is to properly generate this leaf:

         leaf target {
           type instance-identifier;
           description
             "Topmost node associated with the configuration change.
              A server SHOULD set this object to the node within
              the datastore that is being altered.  A server MAY
              set this object to one of the ancestors of the actual
              node that was changed, or omit this object, if the
              exact node is not known.";
         }

Maybe we could skip generating this for the first iteration? To properly handle all commits and copy-configs, it would require generating multiple notifications, since this is just a leaf, not a leaf-list..

Rastislav