[sysrepo-devel] libyang and sysrepo performance

Rastislav Szabo -X (raszabo - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) raszabo at cisco.com
Wed Aug 10 14:03:07 UTC 2016

Good source Radek!

Luka, we should definitely compare sysrepo with the same scenarios. My guess is:

Test 1)
We are not able to go over ~ 500 commits per second, since we are writing data to the filesystem with each commit. If they claim to be able to write 85,947 entries per second, they are definitely not doing that. We will be beaten here, but it would be interesting to see their results for target=startup.

Test 2)
I guess that after the recent tweaks that Radek did in libyang we will be definitelly much better than OpenYuma, close to YumaPro.

Test 3)
I have no idea since we have no perf unit-test for setting data yet :-( But I think that we will be more close to OpenYuma than YumaPro.

Test 4)
I believe that we could be very close to YumaPro.

I can imagine that they tested use-cases they specifically had optimized for :-) but at least we have some baselines to compare with.

Thanks,
Rastislav